* | The Work: Synergy of Print and Hand Drawing.
Printmaking has traditionally been used as a tool to reproduce images. I use it as starting point to structure my compositions and provide opportunities to come back to in developing each impression into a unique piece of artwork. I’ve always drawn in the margins of paper that passed through my reach. I want to include the content of those marks for their spontaneity, honesty and purity of intention. I make printmaking plates with the goal of making images that would be engaging to work onto later. I make printed images that are like a band without a front person. I use a wide variety of media to populate these images including but not limited to: acrylic paint pens, collage, ink wash, ink bath, charcoal, fine point markers.
* | Summer Printmaking Camp: Art Education
2019 enrollment is now open
Session 1: June 24-28 (4 spots left)
Session 2: July 8-12
Session 3: July 29-August 2
2019 Kitchen Sink Printmaking Camp Registration
Kitchen Sink Printmaking Camp helps young artists explore their personal style by creating their own unique “recipe” for making art. I cultivate a fun atmosphere with positive encouragement. My consultation style feedback challenges students to make decisions to help develop style, technique and meaning in their artwork. Students will learn a multitude of professional printmaking techniques and be given the freedom to explore and experiment within each process. I aim to build an experience that is fun, fulfilling, and most importantly gives students a sense of confidence in their creative expression.
- $245 per session, includes materials
- Runs for one week, Monday through Friday, 9 am to 2 pm
- Class size is very small to allow for time and attention to each student
- Takes place in my printmaking studio (my home) as well as outdoors – taking walks and making observational drawings in Woodstock Park
- Students should bring a snack, lunch, water bottle, comfortable closed-toe shoes and clothes that can get messy (ink will be used!)
To register: click “Enroll your Young Artist” on the next page choose the session you want from the “Choose an option” drop down menu. I look forward to meeting you and working with child.